Wednesday, January 14, 2015

No Oatmeal Fruit Crisp Dessert

Fact. I suck at making Pie Dough.
Fact. I would love to make a great pie.
Fact. I can actually pull off a great Pie Filling.
Fact. One of these days I will get my Dad's Four Berry Pie Filling on here.
Fact. If I did that, he would probably kill me.
Fact. I accidentally gave out his Season Salt Recipe.
Fact. He does not know this.
Fact. I digress. Because I don't know how to make a good pie dough, I use this dessert in place of my pies. It works well. I got the recipe from The Pioneer Woman on TLC. I like her. She's Dandy!
Fact. These facts are annoying!



Fruit Filling
-Selected Frozen or Thawed Fruit of Choice (I've used the four berry, strawberry, and cherry. All work well.)
-1/2 C. Sugar
-1/4 C. Corn Starch
-2 Tsp. Almond Extract
---- Mix all ingredients together and place inside a baking dish of your choice. OR ramekin dishes as pictured.

Topping 
-1 1/2 C. Flour
-3/4 C. Sugar
-3/4 C. Brown Sugar
-3/4 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
-1 Tsp. Salt
-Pinch Nutmeg
---- Combine above dry ingredients. Once all combined cut in 1 1/2 cubes of sliced cold butter.
---- Toss in some Slivered Almonds and your ready to pile it on the fruit.
---- Bake 45 Minutes at 350° and serve with Cool Whip or Ice Cream.

Bakers Note: I personally didn't think The Pioneer Woman's amazing topping wasn't enough for my fruit. I upped the topping recipe 1/2 in portions. You decide what works best for you. I eye balled the fruit and had to play with that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment