Saturday, September 12, 2015

Pumpkin Banana Bread

This breads bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Yeah, okay! Lame I know, but now it's in my head.

Mr. Molly Mormon and I have a love-hate relationship with bananas.

I love them. He hates them. Especially when he sees them aging on the counter tops. He thinks they are trash. But, Oh! I see potential! Okay, he loves the breads, but not the bananas alone. He thinks its a texture thing.

Whatever that means.

Anyway he had one of these banana discussions just yesterday about me seeing value in the black pile of gassy goo while he doesn't..

Do I need to remind him about husbands gassy goo that we wives have to put up with?

OK. GROSS. Huh. It's Weird that I went there.

Let's just get to the recipe, shall we?


Ingredients & Directions all in one. Because that's how I do it. 

1.Preheat oven to 325° and grease/spray/flour one 9" X 5" bread pan.You can use two if you want smaller loaves, just be aware of baking temp and time.

2. Combine three smashed bananas, 2 eggs, 1/4 C. Vegetable Oil, 1-1/3 C. Canned Pumpkin, 1/2 C Sugar, 1/2 C Brown Sugar, and 1 t. Vanilla.

NOTE: After combining these ingredients taste your mixture. Not sure how people can cook/bake without tasting along the way. #crazypants! Anyway, step two is all your flavors you will want to taste it to see if you like the balance of things. If you're like, Oh My Goodness! This is Yummy! Then you're cool to carry on. If you need more of something add and taste until you are loving it!

3.Combine in a separate bowl  2-1/2 C. Flour, 1 t. Baking Soda, 1 t. Baking Powder, 1/2 t. Salt, 2 t. Pumpkin Spice, and  t. Cinnamon. Add to your wet ingredients and be careful to not over mix. Fold in 3/4 C Raisins and 1/2 C Walnuts (both optional).

4. Pour into bread pan and bake for about 45 minutes. After you've tested it to see if it's done (when toothpick comes out clean) let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and move it to a wire rack.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I guess it is beginning to be that season for pumpkin everything. This sounds good. Might need to add it to my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete