Saturday, June 6, 2015

Salsa Parmesan Chicken w/ South of the Border Salad

I have so many things I need to do right now. Like, feed and bathe my children.

It's going to wait.

Reason being, is the fact that I just created another recipe that my daughter keeps saying is the "Best Chicken Dinner Ever, Mommy!"

Okay, so I did already feed them, but it's mere nano-seconds before they are on to the next expensive meal.

Mr. Molly Mormon and I have been doing Weight Watchers and I'm rocking it!

It's only day two.

Well, it seems that there are millions (no exaggeration) of Weight Watchers recipes on the Internet. I found one that gave me some ideas...

Let the creativity begin! The following recipe is what I came up with.



Place 1-2lbs (Depending on Family Size) of Chicken Breasts in 9X12 dish.
Carefully Sprinkle Raw Chicken with Onion Salt, Garlic Salt, Curry, and Chili Powder.
Pour Salsa over each piece of Chicken. 
Sprinkle Fresh Parmesan Cheese over Salsa.
Bake Until Cooked Thoroughly. 


I served it with another recipe I had on my mind for a few days. I call it The South West Salad. These are the portions I did for my family because I want left overs the next day. Please note that this is a huge salad! I'm sure you would want to cut it down if you're feeding a smaller group.  

1 Head of Cut Romaine & Ice Berg Lettuce
2 Cans Drained Black Beans
2 Cans Corn
Desired Amount of Cherry Tomatoes Cut in Fourths. 
One Whole Bunch of Green Onions
2 Orange Peppers

**Dice above ingredients (except tomatoes) and mix in large salad bowl and lightly season with Garlic Salt. 

Dressing:
2 tsp White Wine Vinegar
1/2 C Olive Oil
Loosely Cut One Bunch of Cilantro (I did about 2 cups)
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Cups Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt
1 tsp Salt

Taste and alter to your choosing. Toss dressing on salad just before serving and Enjoy! 
I think we added this up to 7 Weight Watchers points. 

No comments:

Post a Comment