Sunday, December 20, 2015

Which One of The Reindeer Are You?

I have never thought of the eight or nine or seven (I can't remember how many there are) reindeer that pull that fat Santa around, but for some reason, my mind went into that direction. As I was thinking, if I were one of those reindeer, I wondered which one would I be?

Well, first, I have to make sure I know all their names, without using Google.

Dasher - I might be Dasher. It seems that I am always 'Dashing'. Dasher seems like the kind of reindeer to never really have a plan. They just need to be somewhere and they 'Dash'. I have never used the term, 'Let's Dash!' Although I have often said things to my kids like, 'Get in the car little mama's before I beat'cha!' or to my husband, 'Were off like a Prom Dress!', but never have I said, 'Let’s Dash!' None the less, Dashing seems to be very similar to my no plan, jump up and go in the spur of the moment and just get it done type style. I must add, as a side note that I never did go to any High School Prom.

Dancer & Prancer - Well, I don't really dance or prance. I am more of a stomper or a clomper. I did do some country dancing back in the single days, however, it was more sliding and clapping than prancing and dancing. No, this is not me either.

Comet - A comet seems to be graceful and beautiful. I can only imagine that Comet has very long hair and big beautiful blue eyes. She (in light of the hair and eyes, I just determined that Comet is actually a female) probably got her name from Mrs. Clause that admired her beauty and magnificence. She is soft spoken and speaks wisdom to the out of control gang only when absolutely necessary. Otherwise, she watches and learns from others. SO, since I have narrowed down who Comet is, I can say, "Oh HECK NO! This is certainly not me!" I speak crap. Then the second it is out I wish I could stuff it back into my mouth where it came from, but because my mouth is always open it would just fall back out anyway. Although I certainly need to learn from Comets example, I have far to go to be Comet.

Vixen - Totally opposite as Comet. Yes, she is beautiful and has super huge hooves, but she uses them for all the wrong reasons! She (a male vixen? I don't think so) plots to get her way and usually wins. Most of the other reindeer either love her or hate her. But the thing about Vixen that no one really realizes is that she is totally insecure, has a low self-esteem, and has no idea what real love is. She needs to take off a lot of the make-up, get a Hoof reduction, and start seeing herself as a reindeer with value. She could lead the sleigh, not because she likes to show off her rump, but because she could earn some sort of reindeer respect by first respecting herself. In light of learning more about Vixen, I can honestly and confidently say I have never been Vixen. I am too shy for one, and could care less about showing off my rump.

Cupid - Well, I think we all know who Cupid is. The fixer-upper! The one time I was like Cupid, I was verbally abused and my life was threatened. Yeah...Good times... He just SOOO needs to mind his own business. I will never be like that again.

Donder - Now before I go on, Dear Abby politely informed me that the world has forever gotten this reindeer's name wrong. Yeah, true story! We as a society call him Donner, when it is actually Donder. Well, Donder is the kind of reindeer that has a big ego, talks only about himself, and chases Vixen around like crazy. There is no way I have ever been a Donder. Donder knows everything. He is the 'been there, done that reindeer' that just gets on your nerves. He acts pretty high and mighty for someone that does not even have his own name right. He is the kind of reindeer that just ticks me off! Yeah, so not me or any part of me!

Blitzen - This one make me laugh. He is the 'Which way do we go? Which way do we go?' reindeer. He could never lead the sleigh for that very reason. He is the one in the back that likes to look at Vixens rump. He is a follower that just needs to be confident. Although I have had this problem as a young adult, (that is the confidence, not checking out the rumps) I have learned over the years that it really pays to be confident. Blitzen has the whole Blondie thing going which, I may confess, have been accused of it many times. As I have aged, I have done much better and the good thing about me used to being a Blitzen, even though I no longer am, is that I am teaching my kids how to have much more confidence and believe in themselves like Comet does.

So, there ya have it! I strive to be Comet, but in reality, I am a Dasher. I didn't included Rudolph because really, who wants to be made fun of all their life then be famous for only lighting up the sky with a big fat red nose. So overrated! He gets enough attention.

Thanks for reading. Now I am Dashing off like a Prom Dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment