Monday, March 14, 2016

Things To Do When You Should Be Doing Other Things

I made a promise to M.M. that I'd post on Monday...and here it is...Monday. Honestly, I may or may not have been drinking when I made said Facebook promise. But alas, here I am.

So, I am neck-deep in my senior thesis semester at University. Next semester I begin the Secondary Education program. That's right, Tipsy G, is going to mold the minds of the next generation. You are all very welcome. Being that I'm in one of the most stressful semesters of my college career I decided that I should definitely take Spring Break weekend and go to Vegas with my sister because that's what responsible college students, who also happen to be mothers and wives do, right?

There is just no easy way to say it, so I'll just come straight out with it.

We spent the weekend at Supernatural Con.


Now even if you have no idea what Supernatural is or therefore what a Supernatural Convention might entail...just look at the hot slice of homegrown Texan in between my gorgeous sister and myself. Do I really need to explain?

I'll just give you the highlight reel...

* There were two girls there that were the bane of my existence. I named them Hooker Heels and Trucker Hat. The reasons for my irritation are included in their names for your ease and my own. I saw them freaking EVERYWHERE.

*I thought I was somewhat obsessed with the show, but let me tell you, I not. Not even close. There were people dressed as all kinds of craziness. Unicorns, Angels, one chick was dressed as the blade of Cane...which is the jawbone of a donkey. Uh huh. I'm serious.

*I witnessed multiple tears shed after photo-ops with celebs.

*Jensen Ackles (pictured above) made me shaky nervous. He's better looking in person than on screen. All I can say is, DAAAAMMMMNNN...Texas Forever!

*Mark Shepard (aka Crowley, aka King of Hell, aka Badger from Firefly) said to me, "Lovely ink" and I died of happiness.

*My sister and I are old and during a weekend in Vegas with no kids and no husbands we were in bed every night by 1. We may be lame as hell.

*We possibly, maybe, might have purchased new guitars on a venture to Guitar Center and then sat in a far corner of the parking lot playing them for an hour.

And currently, I am struggling to get done all the big project work that was assigned to me for over Spring Break, which is just cruel, and which I didn't do because I was too busy blushing at cute Texans.

No comments:

Post a Comment