Sunday, November 27, 2016

Coconut Topped Sweet Potato Pie

Every now and then something amazing happens in my life that must be documented.

Today is a day like that.

I found a new recipe. Sweet Potato Pie.

It's like the heavens opened and I KNEW God loved me.

I've never been a huge fan of Sweet Potatoes. I will be honest. It's always just been, "Ehhh..." to me. It's because I never found the right recipe. Today I found the One.

Now, before I post this recipe and all you healthy 'too much sugar-and OMG the butter!' people start in on your comments crucifying me to the cross of internet social media, I have just four words for you.

You can shove it!!

Okay. That's harsh. I know. I'm sorry! But I've been training for a Half-Marathon. I have been literally working my you-know-what-off. I've ran a butt-load of miles this Thanksgiving week just so I wouldn't feel guilty about the Thanksgiving Holiday. Particularly the cube of butter in one pie. My clothes are getting bigger and my waistline is getting smaller so I'm not going to feel bad about this.

So, because I may be slightly defensive. Let me please say that nicer.

You can PLEASE shove it!!

There. We. Go.

Okay, now that that is out of the way, I must have this recipe with the rest of my favorites.

Ingredients:
4 Sweet Potatoes
1/2 Can Evaporated Milk
4 Tbsp Butter
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla

Cook potatoes and mix all ingredients together in mixer, pour into your favorite pie crust.

Topping:
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Coconut Flakes
6 Tbsp Melted Butter

Mix topping ingredients and sprinkler over potato mixture in pie shell. Refrigerate if you prepared ahead, but not necessary.

Serve warm or at room temperature with cool-whip after baking at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

Enjoy! And know that God loves you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment