Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Molly Mormon Confession: I Always Want to Drink

This post may surprise a few. If you know me, it won't surprise you at all.

Here is a total honest to goodness confession. I always want to drink. All. The. Time. If you're a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, they strongly discourage drinking. But of course, you have your free agency. If you really want to drink they will not stop you from making your own decisions about the subject.

Religion aside, I honestly feel if I were to drink, I wouldn't stop. I'd be a crazy out of control booze Mom embarrassing her children all day long. I come from a family of drinkers on my Dad's side. Luckily I was born to the one sibling (my Father) that choose not to become a raging alcoholic.

It sounds sad but it's really not. Family reunions on this side of the sticks has serious blog consequences and hours of funny entertainment. Plus, I get to frequently get to use the term, "You're lying through your tooth!" to the redneck side of the family. I won't even mention the clean pee test business.

Yep. Born redneck. Proud of it! Not on-the-farm-redneck. Were more of the white-trash-redneck sect.

Now enter the Molly Mormon who has five kids. Not just five kids, but five screaming, demanding, loud children who as cute as they look can not only multiply like the gremlins, but get crazy grumpy when dinner is late.

They are so sweet. Aren't I lucky?

So, there it is. Out in the open. My crazy out of control confession. I always want to drink, but I never do. Because in the end I know it won't make me happy. So when you read later stories about me wanting to drink, you'll know exactly what I am talking about.

Now, if you will excuse me...I'm going to go brush my teeth.