Friday, July 26, 2013

I'm Just Not THAT Kind of Mom

I'm tired. Not like oh-gosh-I-didn't-get-my-eight-hours-last-night tired. More like I have EIGHT children who've all been home ALL 24 hours of all 7 days of every single week for the last 2 months tired.

I know there are a few kinds of moms out there right now in the Universe. Those moms who wish their little people would never go back to school. The ones who are super content to hang out all day and do kid stuff and play and be awesome. These moms like my amazing sister who sends me recipes for Kool-Aid Playdoh and just generally reminds me how lame I am. I LOVE you sister! 

And then there are the moms like me. Now don't get me wrong I love and adore my entourage but have I mentioned there are eight of them? I end my days after tucking them in...in utter and complete exhaustion. I am emotionally and mentally done, finished...my brain is swimming with the fishes...my patience is cremated in an urn on the mantle. 

All week I've tried to write a post...a funny and delightful tale that would brighten your day and ease your mind about day drinking, but to no avail. I'm just too tired to be funny and definitely too tired to be delightful. So what I've decided instead is that I'd show you a fun little craft project that you can construct to ease your mind and remind you that summer is but a temporary moment and soon enough all those precious little bundles of joy will be back in school...where they belong ;)

STEP ONE... Gather your supplies. You will need a roll of Glad Press and Seal. Candies. Scissors
STEP TWO... Cut wrap to desired length and then cut in half lengthwise. Take a candy of your choosing and wrap it firmly within the Press and Seal. Twisting at each end. Repeat this with as many candies as you'd like to add to your Kids-Back-To-School Countdown Chain. Mine have 19 days...so I've added 19 candies. If you'd like your candies to remain securely within the chain fasten between each with a piece of tape or string.

STEP THREE... You should have a finished chain...like the one below. Now all that is left to do is to hang it in a prominent area of your home so your children will know you are just as excited as they are to get them BACK TO SCHOOL. Each day as you savor your chocolate you will know you are one day closer to regaining a small portion of your sanity.


Disclaimer...The tutorial may not be of use to awesome moms like my sister. For all those who are awesome moms like my sister, please carry on about your business of being awesome.