Thursday, August 1, 2013

Screaming Children Alert. Pray For Me!

Okay, I need help.

Not the padded wall straight jacket kind that I know your thinking. But suggestions, comments, and the occasional remark about some sort of awesomeness somewhere.

Have I mentioned that I have five kids? I think I did. Typsy Gypsy has eight so she is more messed up than I am. Which is good and bad because I actually know someone more messed up than me and bad in the fact that no matter how much I want to complain she's gonna shrug it off like..."Sheesh Molly Mormon! Try having three more kids!"

The irony of that last statement is not lost on me.
Tipsy Gypsy Rocks!!

Anyway, getting back to needing crazy help.

Shirley I can't be the only one who has children who fight all the time?
Seriously...All. The. Time. Not just fighting but crying too. And the screaming...

Oh...the screaming is so bad I swear there are days only dogs can hear them.

How is it that I have five kids and have yet to buy myself a set of ear plugs? Except for my ear muffs that I use for my 12 gauge. Those are awesome!

I have to say, I don't spank my kids. Not to mean I don't believe in it, because that's neither here nor there. Its just when they get spanked, they scream more.

"Okay child, since you were screaming and fighting you're getting a spanking and while your getting one you are not allowed to scream...or cry." This has never made sense to me at all.

So I have to think how does God discipline us? I don't necessarily think God spanks us when we scream or cry. I mean the thought of it sounds silly! I do wish he would cover my mouth every now and then, but that is a different subject entirely! So I renewed a well hated tradition in our house.

The Time Out Hug: Toe-To-Toe Face-to-Face! Hug Each Other Until You Love Each Other!


Oh Man!! If I were my mother I would hate myself!! Plus I have an official disclaimer about paying any sort of therapy bills after adolescence.

You have to know, this works! At first they hate it and they blame the other as they despise their natural existence. Then this funny thing happens. They start giggling and playing.

And that's another issue Molly Mormon has serious questions with! How is it they fight and argue and scream and yell all day long causing Molly Mormon to crave strong alcoholic beverages, only to laugh and giggle and play at bedtime keeping them from the blissful unconscious slumber I pray for?!

Does anyone else have a hard time getting their kids to sleep? On a positive note, I hope they're this hard to get into bed when their teenagers.

Okay I'm complainy. I do love being a Mom. Thank you for hearing my moment of my crazy! Good thing I don't have eight of them!