Sunday, August 18, 2013

Serenity Now

I adore and love and super duper treasure each of my adorable children. However, I literally cannot express how excited I am that my entourage is back in the classroom and out of my hair. The last two weeks have been spent doing literally nothing that wasn't school related. I'm exhausted, I'm broke out (on my arm of all places...what the what is up with that), and I'm in desperate need of a long vacation. In fact, I've just now, this very second, decided that next summer Ranger Guy and I will take a "We made it through the summer" vacation in August. It's pretty damn brilliant if I do say so myself, which obviously... I do.


Anyramble...my brain is basically fried so I thought today we'd just talk about me.

FIVE THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT TIPSY GYPSY

1. I'm a full-time college student. Yes, I'm a special breed of crazy. Because taking care of 8 kids and one Ranger Guy just didn't seem like enough of a challenge. Who doesn't wake up one morning at the ripe old age of 31 and think, "You know what I should do...go back to college for a degree that requires 4 years of education and months of student teaching. Yes, yes, that sounds like a lovely idea."

2. Ranger Guy and I are getting married in October. After nearly two years of living happily in sin together, we've decided to make it official. This morning he said to me, "It's only a few months until the wedding and you aren't running away scared yet." To which I replied, "If you try to run away scared, I'll chain you up in the garage." With love. I said it with love.

3. I am addicted to Barnes and Noble...and the public library...but mostly Barnes and Noble. I would be a very happy woman if the walls of my living room where all lined with bookshelves full of books. I'm working towards it. My husband is just glad I have a book addiction instead of a shoe addiction. He's totally into the whole librarian thing.

4. I wear very little makeup. This isn't because I fancy myself to be a natural beauty or anything it's mostly because I don't recall anyone ever showing me the proper way to apply makeup. I'm afraid of it honestly. This fear of overdoing or doing incorrectly and turning out looking like I'm working "a night job" keeps me wearing very minimal face paint. Upside...if you've seen me with my makeup on...you've got a really good idea of what I look like with my makeup off.

5. I have a black thumb. Seriously, I cannot keep a damn plant alive. Period. They just die. I don't water them enough. I water them too much. I sing off key. I give them too much light. Not enough light. They hate me and plot against me. It's ridiculous. I have finally given up and decided the only way there can be plants (of a not black and rotting variety) in the Gypsy/Ranger household is if Ranger Guy takes care of them. He, of course, can easily keep everything alive. Much to my joy and annoyance.

Next week...I'll talk about something other than myself...maybe.