Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Prayers In Thugville

Yes. Molly Mormon prays. Let me tell you one thing about a naive white chick that lives in the sticks of Utah. She prays. Not all the time. If I were to be completely 100% honest I would say as much as I want myself to pray before bed and right at get up time...I lack.

It's not until I lose my patience with children, or traffic, or Rain Man, or children, do I finally pray. Then it's usually with tears and frustration rather than gratitude and reverence.

Yes I lack.

Oh, Rain Man? That's my cousin. I will get into that later. I promise.

The reason I write this post about my lack of  praying in Thugville? Oh, I will tell you!

Few people know that I am an inventor. Isn't that cool? Like totally Ben Franklin of me? Right?! Well this last month my product took off! I mean for realz! It was so fun! Well part of it taking off was lots of media coverage. It started with The Spectrum Newspaper. That's where I thought it would end. THEN it was KUTV Channel 2 News. I thought WOW! This is cool, right??

Good Things Utah Set

THEN it was ABC 4 Utah and my favorite, Good Things Utah. Okay I feel totally conceited now talking about myself, so I will get on with the story.

In light of all the blessed media coverage, we traveled to Salt Lake City for Good Things Utah and ABC 4. It was seriously early in the morning and so fun! I've done radio and had a blast with it, so I kinda new the whole media routine, but I was still nervous.

Because it was 4:00am get up time and the fact that we live 300 miles away, we decided to get a room.
Me. Mr. Molly Mormon. Hotel Room.

Okay, Keep it clean people, Seriously!

I get online and start doing the whole internet motel room thing and come across lovely pictures of big king size beds with bright yellow accent pillows, frilly girly curtains, and a lovely continental breakfast. They showed pictures of plush carpeting and the cute little ducks they make out of the bath towels!

Yeah!! I love decorating!! I'd seriously spend so much money doing it like All. The. Time!

We even got a corporate discount through Mr. Molly Mormons sweet employment hook ups! Since we opted for a king sized bed, we spent $60.

$60 FOR BATH TOWEL DUCKS!! I was so excited!!

So I prepare for the trip. Print hotel directions? Check! Wash Laundry? Check! Forget to Do the dishes? Check! Get the naive Grandma for an over-niter with five screaming Mini-Mo's and breakfast bowls in the sink? Check!

Fast forward four hours later and were getting closer to the hotel room. Trees line the streets with decorative medians. Flowers are in bloom along sidewalks. Looking on both sides of the road people are walking, holding hands, and coming in and out of many dainty eateries with cute little to go sacks for late night dessert.

OH! I LOVE CUTE LITTLE TO GO SACKS!!

We round another turn. Then something happens suddenly. It's almost like I blinked and everything changed. The cute little hand holding people started looking like cast members from the Cosby show. Except it's Theo's "bad" friends...

I swear I absolutely spotted Lindsey Lohan's fan club.

I know I sound judgmental. Mr. Molly Mormon tells me I sound judgmental and that Heavenly Father loves all his children. He's right. Even the Breaking Bad ones.

Oh yeah, as I read this post to the hubs, I left out all the parts where I call him Mr. Molly Mormon. He hates that!!

I think to myself how wonderful getting to the hotel room will be. I lock the car doors.I squeeze my eyes shut. Accent pillows on a King Size Bed...Frilly Curtains...

We round the last corner right into the parking lot. I am concerned. Immediately concerned. Have you ever been to a hotel that doesn't have a front entrance? Why would you have a Hotel that doesn't have a front door? Trash cans overfilled and spilling out into the parking lot and...well...Thugs!!

That's right. I said it. Thugs Everywhere! Don't get me wrong, I love Thugs! Except when they look like they are going to bust a cap in my trash!!

This is the part where I prayed. I prayed and I repented. FAST! I was scared! We hurry into the Hotel room still thinking it was the luxurious room advertised.

No. It gets worse. I won't elaborate any more. But it gets worse. Not to mention there were no ducks in my bathroom!

For reals though, check-it. I know the Hotel was a complete fail but it's turned into a funny story. The coolest part of the experience was spending the morning at Good Things Utah. They were awesome. Not to mention all the media attention that has really helped my product. So blessed!!

You feel me?