Sunday, December 22, 2013

Hey Pals...

So...hi there!

Uhhhh, it seems the last time I posted was WAY back in September when I was still spending the majority of my spare time bitching about how horrible it was to have to plan a wedding and how I was going to fail miserably at writing my own vows.

Well let me tell you something, kids...the wedding was pretty amazing and my vows...kickass. I mean, I don't want to brag or anything but I impressed even myself with those bad boys. And for the record, Ranger Guy's vows totally included really sweet, self-written poetry and my vows were totally full of zingy one liners...but it's fine. He still went through with it. Bam!

So onward and upward, right?

We are knee-deep in Chrismukkah at the Gypsy/Ranger household. What you might ask is Chrismukkah?



Now the fact that neither Ranger or myself happens to be Jewish does not stop us from celebrating this super holiday invented by the fictional TV character of Seth Cohen from The O.C. Why you might ask? Because we both love The O.C. Many many moons ago, in 2003, long before I even met Ranger Guy...I was safely tucked away in my home in St. Geo while Ranger Guy was not so safely tucked away in Iraq watching someone's copy of The O.C.

In fact, when Ranger Guy and I first started dating he came to my house and saw my complete collection of The O.C. and said, "I used to watch this." To which I replied, "Marry me, please and thank you." Okay, I wasn't that forward but for reals it was like...victory! You had me at The O.C.

So far our first Chrismukkah has been a success. How can you go wrong really? 8 days of little gifts and one day of many gifts? It's a recipe for awesomeness and lots of treats. So far the kids favorite Chrismukkah gifts have been the delightful sock monkeys and the "Get out of chores free cards".


 This was my favorite as well, as it was cost-free and well-received.

So whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Chrismukkah, Festivus, or nothing at all...our very eclectic belief filled family wishes you and yours a happy and love-filled holiday!